RACE CAR MECHANIC
Archangel Motorsports is a professional championship winning racing team making its return to IMSA and SRO competition. Our goal is to provide the best people, equipment, and strategy to our customers. The team is based in St. Louis Mo with its sister company Victory Raceway Indoor Karting.
Archangel Motorsports is looking for an experienced Motorsports Mechanic(s) to join our talented team. The Mechanic would have a supporting role on the team and have responsibilities both at the shop and track. This job will require travel to all races and tests all travel expenses will be paid for.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direction, communicate requirements, and ensure accountability to team and company objectives
- Mentoring and training of junior mechanics to align processes and quality of work with overall team expectation
- Identify opportunities for improvement and lead the plan to realize improvements
- Support and guide junior mechanics to follow processes and use resources available to complete tasks accurately and timely
Vehicle and Equipment Preparation:
- Prepare vehicles and equipment ahead of each event ensuring that all pre-event development tasks have been accounted for
- Work closely with Engineers to prioritize vehicle reliability and performance development
- Car assemblies to the prints and engineering requirements
- Refine and develop thorough practices and understanding of all subsystems of the vehicles
- Responsible to crew chief and engineer to ensure that the car is ready to execute all phases of the event
- Vehicle service and preparation
- Pit stop execution
- Additional team tasks (setup/teardown/etc.)
- Organization and cleanliness of work area
- Work with the Car Chiefs, Engineers and Operation Manager to create a common level of preparation on racecars
- Positive and team first attitude
- Look for and identify ways to improve your skillset
- Bring any issues to Car Chiefs and Operations Manager for solutions
- Help with feedback on long-term racecar planning
- This position will work on all cars and will work with each car chief to set workload and timetables.
- Self motivation, self starter and time management are essential in this position
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In addition to the responsibilities mentioned above, tasks relating to the following area will be assigned as required:
- Support Archangel Motorsports and Victory Raceway in, marketing events, and general development as necessary
- Provide feedback on product needs and processes
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 2 years or greater of Motorsports experience with a focus on mechanical vehicle preparation, car development, and event execution
- Experience working in a small team to achieve program goals and continuously improve
Desired Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Covered as part of Duties and Responsibilities
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Stress may occur periodically
- Long hours may be required at times
- Physical labor is a regular part of daily work
- Travel of up to 30% is required
- US citizen or Green Card holder required.
Archangel Motorsports is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.